Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More of Him and less of me

For the past couple weeks i have been really challenged to think more of God and His people rather than of myself. I can tend to be a selfish person, as many of us can, we are human. Just wanting to stay in my comfort zone, do what makes me happy and not really going out and using my time for others...its a work in progress...but i have been trying to do things here and there, baby steps...and it is amazing how when i just focus on God and others and not on myself, the stuff in my life is taken care of, it is still being maintained even though I'm not solely focusing on it. Imagine that!! :) God is an amazing God who has asked us to go and make disciples, to love our neighbors as ourselves, that when we clothe and feed and shelter those who have nothing, we are doing that very thing for Him! It is quite a challenge to wake up every morning and decide you are going to live for God and not for yourself and each day i have to wake up and remind myself of that (and not everyday am i successful)...but imagine what our world would be like if we did that everyday or at least strive to do that everyday...it would look so much different. So my challenge to myself is to try at least once a week to do something unselfishly for someone else, something that is not necessarily comfortable for me but it serves God and His purpose. To, as my minister says, count the attempt, even if it doesn't go well, i at least made the effort and tried...and will hopefully continue to make those attempts more and more...making it less and less about me and more and more about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment